Staff with admin login accounts can also create logs on the Students, Staff, and Volunteer>Log screens.
For a description of the various log types, click here: Student Logs Overview.
Create a log from the Classes>Messages screen
Select the desired class from the Dashboard or Classes tab, then click on the Messages subtab.
- Select the type of log to be created.
- Type the message or details to appear in the log.
- The Log Date defaults to today. To change the date, highlight and type the preferred date that will appear when the log is created.*
- If desired, type a Hide Date - a date after which the log entry will no longer be visible.
- Select the people in the class for whom the log entry will be created.
- To choose one or more individuals, click the box in front of their name.
- To choose everyone in the class, including the teacher and volunteers, click the Select All option.
- Click the Create Log(s) button.
*Once the log has been created, the Log Date cannot be changed for all students at once on the Classes>Messages screen. Staff with SiD Admin level privileges can edit the log date on individual student log screens.