This article has step-by-step directions for creating log entries for one or more people from the Classes>Message screen.
From this screen, it's also possible to create a message that will appear on the Student Portal. For specific instructions on this feature, see FAQ: How Do I Send a Message to a Student?
- Staff with SiD teacher login accounts can create logs on the Classes>Messages screen if they are enrolled in the class. Once logs have been created, staff with a teacher login account cannot edit or delete them.
- Staff with admin login accounts can create logs on any Classes>Messages screen. They can also create, edit, or delete logs on the Students, Staff, and Volunteer>Log screens. See Add, Edit, or Delete Logs on the Students>Log Screen
How to create a log
Select the desired class from the Dashboard or Classes tab, then click on the Messages subtab.
- Select the type of log to be created. See Logs - Overview and Chart for descriptions of log types.
- Type the information to appear in the log.
- The Log Date defaults to today. To change the date, highlight and type the preferred date that will appear when the log is created.
- If desired, type a Hide Date - a date after which the log entry will no longer be visible to the user (or to you).
Note: if you select a log type of "message" and leave the Hide Date blank, SiD will automatically add a hide date for one week after the Log Date.
- Select the people in the class for whom the log entry will be created.
- To choose one or more individuals, click the box in front of their name.
- To choose everyone in the class, including the teacher and volunteers, click the Select All option.
- Click the Create Log(s) button.