Regularly scheduled classes can be affected by many events - holidays, bad weather, program breaks or facility lockdowns to name a few. Those temporary interruptions can be noted on the attendance calendar as holidays, and will appear with green shading.
Holidays can be noted for the entire ABE program or individual subsites. They cannot be recorded for individual classes.
Dates marked as holidays cannot be selected from the calendar on the Classes>Attendance screen.
There is a workaround that allows attendance hours to be added to individual student records via the Students>Time tab.
Create an attendance calendar holiday
- On the Admin tab, click the Manage Holidays link.
- On the Holidays screen, click the Add button.
- In the screen that appears, select All Subsites from the menu to have the holiday appear on attendance calendars for every class in your ABE program. Or choose a subsite name from the menu to apply the holiday to only classes at the selected subsite.
- Type a name for the holiday or event, then choose the dates the holiday break will begin and end. Click the Save button.
- On the Classes tab, select the name of a class in the site/subsite affected by the newly added holiday. On the Attendance subtab, confirm that the holiday appears on the calendar with green shading.