Use the holiday feature when a regularly scheduled classes are not held because of program break, bad weather, etc.
- Holidays will appear on the Classes>Attendance calendar with green shading.
- Holidays can be noted for the entire ABE program or individual subsites. They cannot be recorded for individual classes.
- Dates marked as holidays cannot be selected from the calendar on the Classes>Attendance screen.*
*There is a workaround that allows attendance to be entered during a holiday break. See instructions below.
Create an attendance calendar holiday
- On the Admin tab, click the Manage Holidays link.
- On the Holidays screen, click the Add button.
- In the screen that appears, select All Subsites from the menu to have the holiday appear on attendance calendars for every class in your ABE program. Or choose a subsite name from the menu to apply the holiday to only classes at the selected subsite.
- Type a name for the holiday or event, then choose the dates the holiday break will begin and end. Click the Save button.
- On the Classes tab, select the name of a class in the site/subsite affected by the newly added holiday. On the Attendance subtab, confirm that the holiday appears on the calendar with green shading.
Workaround: enter student attendance during a holiday break
- Staff must have a login role of Admin to add hours on the Students>Time tab.
- To add contact, counseling, one-on-one, or distance learning hours, they must be dated within the last 3 full calendar months. For help with older time records, contact email@example.com.
For each student, add class time via the Students>Time tab rather than the Classes>Attendance tab.
Be sure to use the correct date, hours type, class, start time, and total hours.