Volunteers may have several types of hours: contact, office/administrative, one-to-one, preparation, small group, and training.
Contact hours are earned in the classroom. The volunteer can be enrolled in the class, with attendance recorded on the Classes>Attendance screen as class time. For step-by-step instructions on recording attendance by class, click here.
Non-class hours are added on the Volunteers>Time screen as block time.
Enter volunteer hours as block time
- On the Volunteers tab, search for the volunteer's name; click the desired row in the results.
- On the Volunteers>Time screen, complete these form fields:
- Date: Select the date the hours were earned
- Contact: select the type of hours earned
- Time of Day: enter the time of day the hours began. You may leave the default time of noon if you like. (See the note below when entering more than one time record on a single day.)
- Enter the total number of hours earned.
When entering several time records for the same day, adjust the Time of Day so hours do not overlap.
For example, to record hours from 9AM-11AM and 1PM-3PM on the same day, set Time of Day to 9AM for the first time entry, and 1PM for the second. You may not have two time entries for the same person on the same day at the same time.