This article tells how to correct student history when a student is marked as U.S.-born, but has a Non-U.S. Education Location. The fix below will remove the student from the Missing Info page on the Desk Audit report.
MABE and MARCS students were migrated to the SiD database in 2016. At that time, many old student records did not have an Education Location selected. Those records were brought into SiD with a default "Non-U.S. Education" item.
Note: The "U.S.-born students w/ Non-U.S. Ed Location" table will not show all student records incorrectly marked as Non-U.S. Ed Location. It shows only those with a suspicious mismatch with the student's U.S.-born data. There are likely other students with the incorrect Education Location that also need to be fixed. When you come across those students, begin with Step 4 of the instructions below to make the correction.
How to change Non-U.S. Education Location to U.S. Ed Location
- From the Reports tab, Data Cleanup Reports section, click the Desk Audit report.
- On page 1 of the report, Look for the "US-born w/non-US Education Location" table.
- Click the + (plus) sign to show student names. Click the name/badge ID of a student.
- Go to the Students>History tab. Note whether the student is shared.
- Locate and select the most recent Education Location row.
>If the student is SHARED or has more than one Ed Location row, edit the Effective Date of the most recent item to the first day of the current NRS Program year, e.g. 7/1/18. Save changes.
>If the student is NOT SHARED, click the Remove this History button; save changes.
Then create a new Education Location>US Education history item.
For the Effective Date, use the date the student was added to your site.