This article describes how to allow staff to log in to more than one SiD ABE database.
- Staff who are granting access must have SiD Admin level privileges.
- Staff cannot give themselves multi-site access, even if they have Admin level privileges.
Related: Overview: Manage Shared Staff
Summary of steps
- Check to see which sites the staff person can already log into.
- Remove the existing staff login account.
- Re-set the staff login, following the email confirmation process.
- Ask staff person to confirm sites on the Home tab/Dashboard.
Check to see which sites the staff person can already log into
- Log into a SiD site. Click the Staff tab.
- Search for and select the row with the name of the staff person.
- Click the Account tab. The person has a Staff record in each of the sites listed.
- If the staff person needs access to other sites, log in to each site. Use Person Search to find the staff person. Then Add as STAFF to Site. Note: DO NOT create a new Staff record from scratch if one already exists in the statewide database.
- [Inactive] before a site name means the Staff>History tab has an ABE Program Status>Exited row for that site. If necessary, create a new history ABE Program Status>Re-Entry row. (Nothing will change on the Staff>Account tab until the following steps have been completed.)
Remove the existing staff login account
- Make sure you're logged in to a site to which the staff person will be added.
- Click the staff person's Account tab. Select and copy the email address. Take note of the staff role (admin, teacher, or view only).
- Click the Remove Account button.
Re-set the staff login, following the email confirmation process
- In the Email Address field, paste the email you copied, or re-enter the email address.
- Select the Role from the menu.
- Click the Create button.
- Click the Send Email for Confirmation button to notify the staff person by email - at the address you typed here - that a user account has been set up in the database.
- The staff person must click the "here" button in the the confirmation email within 48 hours of when it was sent. When the link is activated, the staff person will be prompted to set up a password. The password they choose is not visible anywhere.
Ask staff person to confirm sites on the Home tab/Dashboard
Once the email confirmation and password setup is complete, the staff person's Home tab/Dashboard Site menu is updated. Ask the staff person to confirm that all the sites are now available.