This article describes how to allow staff to log in to more than one SiD ABE database.
- Staff who are granting access must have SiD Admin level privileges.
- Staff cannot give themselves multi-site access, even if they have Admin level privileges.
- Staff assigned to all sites with the consortium are automatically given "supersite" rights. They will be able to run supersite reports for the entire consortium.
Related: Overview: Manage Shared Staff
Summary of steps
- Add staff to each site as needed.
- Check to see which sites the staff person can already log into.
- Create a login account if needed.
- Ask staff person to confirm sites on the Home tab/Dashboard.
Add a staff person to more than one site
- Log into the first SiD site to which the staff person will be allowed access.
- Click the Staff tab. Look for the row with the name of the staff person to be added. When the person does not have a Staff record in the site, use Person Search to see if the person has been in another MN ABE program in the past.
- If a matching record is found in the Person Search results, use the Add as STAFF link. Complete the form to add the existing person record to your site.
- If there are no matching Person Search records, click the New STAFF link. Complete the form. Note: DO NOT create a new Staff record from scratch if one already exists in the statewide database.
- From the Staff tab, select the row with the person's name.
- Click the Staff>Accounts tab to see sites at which the person has been a staff member.
- Staff with existing login privileges will show an email address on the left of the screen, as well as the login level/role.
- The Sites section will show the names of sites at which the person has/had a Staff record. "[Inactive]" means the staff person was formerly, but is no longer, active at the site.
- Log into the next SiD site to which the staff person will be allowed access.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until the person has a staff record in all desired sites.
Create a login account if needed
- A staff person can have only ONE email/password login. The single login will cover all sites in which s/he is active.
- When a staff person has a SiD login, all his/her active sites are automatically linked to the same single email/password.
If your staff person does not have an existing login, follow the instructions here to add login privileges.
Ask the staff person to confirm sites on the Home tab/Dashboard
By this point, the new staff person has been added to the desired sites and has a working login (email/password). The staff person's Home tab/Dashboard Site menu will show a list of site names from which the staff person can choose.
Ask the staff person to confirm that all the sites are now visible in the Site menu.