On 7/1/18, the TABE 11 & 12 tests were approved by the MN Dept. of Education for setting NRS educational functioning levels (EFLs). The tests have been added to SiD.
TABE 9 & 10 are scheduled to be dropped from the MDE approved list of tests after 6/30/19.
How to see the TABE 11 & 12 tests in SiD
Newly added tests are not automatically visible in the Test menu. Each staff person needs to update the Dashboard Select Displayed Tests feature to show TABE 11 & 12 tests in the Test menu.
Facts about the new TABE 11 & 12 tests
- The tests have computer and paper versions.
- There are 3 subjects: reading, math, and language.
- There is only one test length (no survey).
- Test times are significantly longer than TABE 9 & 10 complete battery.
Moving from TABE 9 & 10 to 11 & 12
- TABE 9 & 10 are not considered the same as TABE 11 & 12.
- Students cannot be pre-tested with a TABE 9/10 and post-tested with an 11/12.
- Students cannot be pre-tested with a TABE 11/12 and post-tested with a 9/10.
- Students do not need to wait 40 contact hours before taking an 11 or 12 as NEW pre-test to determine a student's level.
Don't miss out on TABE 9 & 10 level gains!
Watch for students who have a valid TABE 9/10 pre-test and will earn 40 hours between tests before 6/30/19. When possible, post-test with an alternate form of the 9/10 when the student becomes eligible. Your program will take level gains however you can get them, right?
Certified CASAS/TABE trainer Marty Olsen added these suggestions and resources.
- Do not proctor TABE 11 & 12 until you've taken these steps:
- Read through the Test Administration manual
- Read through the Test Directions for TABE 11 & 12
- Note the new Maximum Allowable Testing times
- Become familiar with the TABE 11&12 Scoring guide