Each month the MDE sends Urban Planet a list of Minnesotans (not just ABE students) who have passed the GED. We compare the list of passers with students in SiD. When matching students are found, a "passed GED" history item is automatically added to the SiD student record.
How the matching process works
Matches are based on two criteria: (1) name and birthdate AND (2) phone numbers, email, or social security number.
When we have confident match, the GED outcome is added as an NRS Primary Goal history item. The Comment field will say "automated." The GED is assigned to the first site that served the student. All programs that share the student get "credit" for the GED for local and MDE reports.
Notes about entering goals as history items
NRS Primary Goals
- You cannot SET an NRS Primary Goal of GED.
- You can SET an NRS Primary Goal for the 2 high school diplomas and post-secondary job training. Setting the goals for these items is optional.
- You must mark MET for the 2 high school diplomas, and post-secondary job training when it occurs.
- Personal Goals are for local program use only.
- You can mark a Personal Goal of obtaining a GED as SET. This can be helpful if your program wants to know the number of students who want to attempt the GED.
- You can mark MET for the Personal Goal>GED if you choose. This can be a good way to double check that the GED data match is working for your students.
- Personal Goal>GED is ignored during the GED data match.
See students who have been matched
Run the Student History: Goals report to see students in your program who have earned a GED.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find students who passed the GED more than a month ago, but do not have the GED 2014 Passed automated history item.