If your program claims reimbursement from the MDE for GED Testing Hours, you have 2 options for recording the testing hours - as block time or as a special GED testing class. For a discussion of the two methods, see Overview: GED Hours for reimbursement.
Enter testing hours as block time
- On the Students tab, search for the student name; click the desired row in the results.
- On the Students>Time screen, complete these form fields:
- Date: Select the approximate date the hours were earned - it’s OK to enter official GED hrs for all subjects at once if you don’t need them split out by subject for your testing center.
- Contact: select GED Testing
- Enter number of GED testing hours in the box.
Enter testing hours in a special GED Testing Hours class
GED Testing hours are different from NRS contact (instructional) time. To learn how to create a special class for GED Testing only, see Create a GED Testing Hours Class.
To enter GED Testing hours in the special class:
- On the Classes tab, search for the GED Testing Hours class; click the desired row in the results.
- Click the Classes>Attendance tab.
- From the calendar, choose the appropriate date.
- For each student, edit the Start time by adjusting the menu. Then record the total number of official testing hours. Do not record instructional time here!
- When finished, click the Save Attendance button.