It pays to be cautious before adding a person to your site using Person Search. But mistakes happen, and we have a way to remove those students who don't turn out to be who you expected.
The following instructions will work for people who:
- were added to your site via Person Search AND
- have not been enrolled in a class AND
- have no attendance hours AND
- have no tests recorded AND
- were not person merged* with any other student records in your database.
When a student meets ALL the above criteria, the UP Removal Code box will be visible. If the removal code box is not visible, the student cannot be removed from your database with a code.
*If you add the wrong person to your database, DO NOT use person merge to combine the wrong record with another. Contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remove a student added via Person Search
- On the Students tab, find and select the person you added, but now want to remove.
- On the Students>Summary subtab, click the Edit button on the bottom left of the screen.
- Contact the UrbanPlanet support team at email@example.com for a removal code.
- Enter the code, then click Remove this Student. Follow the "are you sure?" prompts.
- You will be redirected to the Students tab. There may be a delay in removing the student name from the list due to caching. It should disappear within a few minutes.