It pays to be cautious before adding a person to your site using Person Search. But mistakes happen, and we have a way to remove those students who don't turn out to be who you expected.
The sooner you catch the error, the better. We can remove the enrollment. But we can't tell how you may have changed the contact info, race, or other details when you added the student to your site. Let us know right away about any changes you made to fields on the Add as Student to Site screen.
The following instructions will work for people who were added to your site via Person Search AND have not been enrolled in a class AND have no attendance hours. When a student does not meet all the criteria, the UP Removal Code box will not be visible.
If the removal code box is not visible, the student cannot be deleted from your database.
- On the Students tab, find and select the person you added, but now want to remove.
- On the Students>Summary subtab, click the Edit button on the bottom left of the screen.
- Contact the UrbanPlanet support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a removal code.
- Enter the code, then click Remove this Student. Follow the "are you sure?" prompts.
- You will be redirected to the Students tab. There may be a delay in removing the student name from the list due to caching. It should disappear within a few minutes.