ABE programs can use the CASAS Life & Work Reading tests for ESL or ABE students. In SiD, the CASAS Reading test results default to ESL levels when scores are below 236.
If you prefer, you can mark the student as ABE rather than ESL by selecting the NRS Program>ABE history item. In that case, CASAS Reading test results default to ABE levels when scores are below 236.
1. On the Students tab, find the student.
2. Go to the History subtab. In the form at the top of the screen:
- Type the date the student was first assigned as an ABE student
- From the All History Groups menu, choose NRS Program
- From the Choose History Item menu, select ABE
3. Click the Save button.
4. On the Student>Assessments subtab, confirm that the test was changed from an ESL to an ABE level.