MN Dept. of Corrections staff, follow the directions HERE: Merging People: DOC special instructions
Sometimes you’ll find duplicate people who have been entered in your site. Person Merge is a super easy way to combine two records.
The instructions below are for merging 2 student records. The same concept applies when merging staff and volunteer records.
- Students tab: Search for the people names you want to merge.
- On the Summary and Info subtabs, compare the records to confirm that the two people are the same. Check visible SSN digits, birthdate, gender, race/ethnicity, and address, phone, and email entries.
Be certain these are the same people BEFORE you merge! There is no merge "undo" button.
- Decide which record you want to keep. This will be Person One, the record you want to keep.
- Write down the badge IDs for both records, writing a 1 next to the badge ID for Person One (again, the record you want to keep).
- Click on the Admin tab, then Person Merge.
- In the Badge ID One box on the left, type the badge ID of the record you want to keep.
- In the Badge ID Two box: type the badge ID of the record you want to merge into Badge ID One.
- Carefully confirm that you have selected the two students you really want to merge.
*Double check their names.* <------ Seriously!
Click the checkboxes, then type over the characters of their name that are displayed in the text box.
If there are only 2 or 3 characters, type only what you see. Do not add a spacebar at the end. For example, if "van" appears in the box, type "van", not "van(spacebar)".
- Click the Merge button.
Here's what happens for student records after the merge is complete.
- Assessments, Schedules, Benchmarks, Logs, History Items, Time, and Info from both records are combined onto the merged record.
- Duplicate history items do not appear on the merged record.
- Students currently enrolled in the same class on both records may show TWO entries on the Classes>Summary screen. Try to delete one enrollment. If you cannot, contact SiD Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- The merged record will show Badge ID One details when the field will hold only one entry. Examples: Badge ID, SSN, Birthdate, Gender, Hispanic, Ethnicity. Exceptions:
- Current Name, Address, Primary & Secondary Phone, and Email show the most recent entries - which may come from the Badge ID Two record. Update the name and other details by creating a new name entry on the Students>Info screen (even if it existed in the past).
- When the Badge ID One student photo is blank, the photo from Badge ID Two will be used (if available).