There are two reporting periods for ABE - contact hours (state) and NRS Program (Federal).
Contact Hours year
- The contact hours year runs May 1 - April 30. These dates are set by MN statute.
- Each consortium submits end-of-year spreadsheets to the MDE by June 1. They show student progress and local program performance between May 1-April 30.
- Table A, which reports student attendance hours for program funding, follows the contact hours year per state statute.
NRS Program year
- The NRS Program year runs July 1 - June 30.
- After June 30, ABE data for the entire state is combined into a single electronic file using Federal year dates. Core goals and outcomes are compared with state databases for DEED, MNSCU, and GED Testing (also known as "data matching").
- Federal reporting is compiled "behind the scenes." Local consortia do not submit any additional reports to the MDE for this one.
- The MDE submits Minnesota's NRS tables and other financial reports to the Feds by the end of the calendar year.