There are two reporting periods for ABE - state and Federal.
State NRS year
- The state NRS year runs May 1 - April 30. These dates are set by MN statute.
- Each consortium submits end-of-year spreadsheets to the MDE by June 1. They show student progress and local program performance between May 1-April 30.
- Table A, which reports student attendance hours for program funding, follows the state NRS year per state statute.
Federal NRS year
- The Federal NRS year runs July 1 - June 30.
- After June 30, ABE data for the entire state is combined into a single electronic file using Federal year dates. Core goals and outcomes are compared with state databases for DEED, MNSCU, and GED Testing (also known as "data matching").
- Federal reporting is compiled "behind the scenes." Local consortia do not submit any additional reports to the MDE for this one.
- The MDE submits Minnesota's NRS tables and other financial reports to the Feds by the end of the calendar year.