Use the Adult Diploma screens for students seeking a MN competency-based adult high school diploma. The MDE will verify that the student meets graduation requirements.
Only staff with an Admin level login can complete the adult diploma forms.
One-time adult diploma location setup
On the Admin tab> Manage Adult Diploma Locations screen, add adult diploma locations (one-time setup for each location).
Complete diploma submission forms
- Select the desired student. Then click on the Students>Adult Diploma tab.
- From each menu, select and save competency measures.
The menu shading will turn green when the measure is successfully saved. To change an item prior to submission, select another measure or select the name of the measure e.g. -Number Sense Measures- and re-save.
- When all competencies have been completed, a Submit to MDE button appears. Click the button to move to the next submission form (pictured below).
- Complete all required fields on the form. Then click the Submit to MDE button.
The Students>Adult Diploma screen now shows a static, uneditable version of the submission form. The submission date is on the top right of the screen.
- When you click the Submit to MDE button, an email will automatically be sent to the MDE so they are aware of the submission.
Watch for MDE action
The results of the MDE review - pass/no pass and comments - will appear on the top of the Students>AdultDiploma tab.
For non-passers, local staff can make changes and resubmit the request.
Once the student has passed, click the links to run and print the official diploma certificate or transcript.
Update history when student passes
- Go to the Students>History screen.
- Create a history row recording the diploma achievement.
- Effective Date: the date the student passed
- History Goal: NRS Primary Goal
- History Item: State Competency Based Diploma
- Optional Status (NOT optional in this case!): Met
- Click the Save button.