Use this report to find students who are eligible to be tested.
The Assessment History report is found in two locations:
- The Classes>Time tab - find students in a single class. (Note: the Assessment History report cannot be run from this location after the Class End Date has passed.)
- The Reports tab, Outcome Reports section - find students program wide, by subsite, or by class.
- Students in the report have to be enrolled in a class on the Start Date.
- The Start Date is important. In most cases, use the default - the current date - to make sure the Hours Since and Can Test fields are accurate.
In the example below, the Hours Since column will only show 5 hours between the test date (9/11/17) and the report Start Date (9/14/17).
If you run the report with today's date as the Start Date, you get current info.
- The Hours Since column shows the total hours earned by the student between the test date and the report Start Date. It includes all class and block time earned at the local and shared sites (if any). Selecting a subsite or class from the report parameters will show hours not associated with a class.
- The Level Gain columns note whether a level gain has been earned in the current program year.
- Pay attention to the Pre-EFL column. Students need at least ONE valid pre-test to set the Entry Functioning Level each NRS year. Those with no valid pre-test will show NONE in the report's Pre EFL column. Test these students as soon as possible, and certainly before they earn 12 attendance hours for this NRS year.
- The Can Test column shows the word True in green shading when the student is eligible for a test. Not all students who are eligible to test need to be tested immediately. For example:
- When students move from CASAS to TABE testing, the report may show that they can be given a CASAS test. When a TABE test is current, no CASAS testing is needed.
- When a student has a valid test and has earned 40 hrs, immediate testing is not required by the MDE. But it's a good idea, especially for programs with fewer than 15 class hrs/week.
- GED official tests and custom local assessments will appear on the report, but it is not necessary to re-test.
Find only students eligible to test
Apply the filters at the top of the report to narrow the results.
- The Start Date defaults to today's date. It will show students enrolled in classes on this date. Change the Start Date if desired.
- Set the Show Only Students Eligible to Test filter to "Yes (can test only)."
- Change other filters as desired. Then click the View Report button.
- In the Can Test column, look for the word True with green shading.
- Determine whether to test or retest the student.
Find students ready to test, without a gain in any subject
Set the filters as highlighted below, and other filters as desired.