Users with admin level privileges have options for exiting or enrolling entire classes at a time. This feature is also known as mass exit and mass enroll. It's handy when a lot of students are progressing to a new class at the same time. It can also be used to exit all students at once when a class ends.
Make sure class attendance is up to date before exiting students from a class.
Options for exit/re-enroll:
- Enroll Only: Add one or more currently enrolled students (with no end date) from this class to another class. Does not exit the student from the original class.
- Exit Only: Exit selected, currently enrolled students from this class.
- Enroll and Exit: Enroll selected, currently enrolled students from this class into another class; exit students from original class.
Enroll and Exit example
- Create the new class in which students will be enrolled. See Create a New Class.
- On the Classes tab, search for and select the existing class from which students will be exited.
- Classes > Summary: Select the Exit/Re-Enroll button at the top of the roster.
- From the action menu, select Enroll and Exit:
- The name and roster for the existing class will appear. Complete the appropriate prompts:
- Enroll Date: enter the date teachers/students will begin the new class.
- Choose Enrollment Class: select the name of the new class.
- Exit Date: type the date the students will be exited from the existing class. Select a reason from the Reason menu if desired.
- Staff/Students: check people who will be copied to the new class and exited from the existing class.
- Click the Process button to complete the mass enrollment and exit.