Students who have been unemployed for 27 or more consecutive weeks should be recorded as “Long-Term Unemployed” for state joint WIOA reporting. It is one of the barriers to employment.
For unemployed students, a date must be entered into a SiD field titled “Date of Unemployment.” SiD will use this date to calculate length of unemployment for WIOA reporting.
- For formerly employed students who are now unemployed, enter the date they stopped working.
- For unemployed students with no work history (recent immigrants, displaced homemakers, former full-time students etc.), enter the date they began looking for employment.
You only need to enter this information for students who have a Work Status of "Unemployed."
If you do not have exact dates, do your best to supply a date based on the information provided by the student.
How to record this information
SiD has a field for entering a student's "Date of Unemployment."
- If a student knows their last work date at intake, enter this information on the student intake screen.
- If you gather this information after the fact,enter it as a history item on the student's history page.
- Go to the Students>History page.
- In the Date field, enter the date the student was last employed.
- Choose the History Group "NRS Tracking", then the History Item "Date of Unemployment."
- Click the Save button.