Students with less than 24 months of MFIP eligibility should be recorded as such for state joint WIOA reporting. This is one of the WIOA barriers to employment.
SiD has a field for noting a student's MFIP expiration date. It can be entered on the intake screen when a new student registers, or at a later date on the Students>History page.
Record MFIP Expiration Date at intake
You can collect the MFIP Expiration Date for all MFIP students, even when their expiration is more than 24 months away.
When students indicate they are receiving MFIP benefits, ask, "When do your MFIP benefits end?"
- If they know, enter the date in the MFIP Expiration Date field in SiD.
- If they don't know, leave the MFIP Expiration Date field blank.
Record MFIP Expiration Date after intake
Enter it as a history item on the student's history page.
- Go to the Students>History page.
- In the Date field, enter the date the student's MFIP expires.
- Choose the History Group "NRS Tracking", then the History Item "MFIP Expiration Date."
- Click the Save button.